A Staff is a long rod which is spun similar to baton twirling, but with a longer staff which is twirled or "spun" around the body utilizing arm and wrist movements. These staves are typically lightweight in nature in order to build up momentum and speed for faster moves and tosses. A Contact Staff is a long weighted rod which is used as a type of object manipulation, similar to contact juggling. A heavy staff is used to slow down the rotation and momentum of the staff, making balancing easier for on-body contact moves. Instead of spinning the staff with just your hands, parts of your body such as your neck, shoulders, forearms, elbows, chest, back and legs are used to control and manipulate the staff. All of our Staves are made using the highest quality materials and are designed to withstand abuse from ongoing drops and tosses, providing you with years of enjoyment. Each staff is engineered for optimal spinning dynamics and balance. Contact us for other color, weight, wick or custom length options. One Ni-MH AAA battery required for each Ultralight. Available optionally. Trick Concepts has been a family owned and operated business for over 10 years, located in Los Angeles, CA. We use high quality materials and manufacture onsite, which allows us to transfer the savings onto you. Our line of products are designed and created by Jaz, a mechanical engineer and custom metal fabricator and Scorch, an artist and fire performer. Each product is researched, designed and tested for durability and safety. Whether you are new to fire spinning, or are a large theatrical production company, we have what you're looking for. We strive to be your number one choice in fire equipment. Just the facts, without the hype. Come Flow with us...
Features & Highlights
- Made in USA! - Staff breaks down into 3 pieces with impact absorbing rubber ends.
- Center made from 7/8 aluminum tubing and has black foam padded grip & reflective tape highlights.
- Polycarbonate tubing ends attach with push buttons. Foam inserts reduce rattling and absorb shock.
- Available in 3 weights: (no weight,3 oz., & 6 oz.) More weight makes contact moves easier.
- Ultralights allow you to independently control the top and bottom LEDs, 4 Ultralights included.